Monday, March 23, 2015

Author Notes on PAST INDISCRETIONS

Writing PAST INDISCRETIONS, my best-selling paranormal romance, was a labor of love for me. I combined my interest in Atlantis and past lives, along with the dilemma... or ethics... of human cloning. The research alone was a blast! After all, who isn’t enthralled by the mystique and allure of Atlantis? Then, to ground this suspense novel, I set a major part of the action in my father’s hometown--a town where I spent several summers at my grandmother’s house, just as Savannah Alexander, the heroine, does. PAST INDISCRETIONS is near and dear to my heart.

Marketing Copy: Can you escape your past? Or are past life issues carried over into present times? Find out how one woman must battle an impossible enemy in PAST INDISCRETIONS.

Haunted by recurring nightmares of doom, Savannah Alexander learns that the future and past are irrevocably linked. Will she be able to save herself and the man she has grown to love from the horrors that await her back in time... on the lost continent of Atlantis?

In matters of love, Tom Patterson has been hurt before. But when overwhelming coincidences bring Savannah back into his life, can he put aside his prejudices and act upon faith to protect the woman he loves?

Artist’s rendering of a possible cover

The editors at Awe-struck Publishing (Mundania Press) quickly picked up the options for this unique book. PAST INDISCRETIONS soon became a best-seller and garnered 5 stars on Amazon.com with a variety of excellent reviews. PAST INDISCRETIONS is still available at Awe-struck both as an eBook and in Print.

Cover artist’s first proof

The perfect human clone may be possible... back on the island of Atlantis.

One fan of this book wrote to tell me how much he enjoyed Past Indiscretions because I “cleverly bring together the past and mythology.” Thank you! And as for Atlantis, well, I feel like I’ve solved that mystery and I also suggested what then became of the survivors. Who knows? Maybe what I proposed really happened!

Real Life Tidbit: When I was writing Past Indiscretions, my novel about Atlantis, past lives, and cloning, I created the Colby clan with three boys and a girl. One weekend, my family met a couple with three boys and a girl in the same birth order as my book. My daughter mentioned, "Mom, they all have the same face. It's scary!" I pounced on this sentence because it was a perfect fit, especially since my book deals with human cloning.

I also have to thank my daughter for her childhood habit of always wearing socks--even in bed. I had Savannah copy that habit and then, toward the end of the book, I showed why she instinctively never went barefoot. It was because of a past life experience. 

Zeus lifted a bottle the color of putrefied flesh. Although stoppered, the bottle seemed to throw off a stench. Savannah’s nostrils pinched in response.
“Who would believe the first step in duplicating a person is obtained through the feet?” He roughly removed her sandals and threw them on the floor. Opening the bottle, he then dipped in a brush and painted the bare soles of her feet.
The odor was as she imagined, but she quickly forgot it as her feet turned cold. Slowly, the coolness gave way to heat--searing heat. Like acid burning into her skin. She twisted in pain, but was determined not to cry out. Even so, she bit her lip too hard and tasted blood.
“Feels good, eh?” He caressed her shoulder. “Just wait until Anubis begins his part of the process!”

Past Loves, Past Lives, PAST INDISCRETION!

I hope you enjoy Savannah and Tom’s story.

Happy reading,

Susanne Marie Knight
Read outside the box: award-winning Romance Writing With A Twist!