Monday, November 14, 2016

The Buzz on SOJOURN THROUGH TIME

Re-Released!!!

Way back when... last century, late eighties... I began writing my first novel. I know it’s hard to believe but at that time the genre of Time-Travel Regencies wasn’t invented yet! I had a yen to see how a modern heroine would handle the society constraints of the early nineteenth century, so I wrote one myself. The result is this blog’s latest topic: SOJOURN THROUGH TIME.

As with many authors’ first novels, this book remained stashed away for quite a while. Friends and family enjoyed this tale, but I knew it wasn’t ready for prime time. Many books later, I dusted it off, re-edited it to bring it “up-to-date” for today’s audiences, and then submitted it to a small publishing house. Very soon, a contract was signed.

SCARRED BY LOVE: As recently divorced Alexandra Stanford waits for her flight to London, she has no idea her actual destination will be in the past. Will she be able to overcome her culture shock and learn to entrust her future to a most persistent duke?

DROPPED ON THE DOORSTEP: When Malcolm, the Duke of Milcaster, finds Alex on his estate, he immediately intends for her to be his new mistress. Alex, however, has other ideas on the subject. Can he overlook her peculiar ways and convince her that they are meant to be as one?


Artist’s concept cover

Alas, the historical line of the company folded, and once again I shopped SOJOURN THROUGH TIME around. Awe-Struck Publishing very happily picked this book up.


I recently decided to have the rights returned to me for all my Awe-Struck books. SOJOURN THROUGH TIME is the first to be re-released. It’s now available on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com!


What happens when a nearly betrothed duke discovers an unexpected “package” delivered to his estate?


*Limited* copies of the print book are available at www.susanneknight.com/orders.htm

SOJOURN THROUGH TIME has become a reader favorite and has earned a “Recommended Read” from Simply Romance Reviews, and multiple FIVE star ratings from Amazon.com, Goodreads, and Euro-Reviews.

For those of you who like to read reviews, here they come!

5 Stars! Clever, fascinating and highly entertaining! Susanne Knight breathes life into endearing characters in unusual situations that give emphasis to the word UNUSUAL. A must read.--Euro-Reviews.

5 Stars! Could not put it down! A perfectly delightful Regency time travel novel, I enjoyed every page without stopping. I like the way Ms Knight does time travel. It serves the story, the story does not serve it. Her plot unrolls in a natural, seamless manner. Loved it!--Amazon.com

Recommended Read! Alex was a joy to read. The Regency era of London is so stuffy. Alex was not, and made no bones about it. She wasn’t a brainless wonder dropped into a situation. She’s a smart, resourceful woman who defines her situation, and moves on. No hysterics. No “who is going to save me?” Sit back and enjoy this “clean” romance. You won’t be sorry.--Simply Romance Reviews.

5 Stars! Loved it! I have enjoyed several of Susanne Marie Knight's time travel books and this one did not disappoint. I eagerly await her next one.--Amazon.com,

4 Stars for SOJOURN THROUGH TIME: A time travel worth the time! Sweet, that is what Alex is! She makes a fine heroine. A very quick, enjoyable read. Would like to read Tony's story. Hope she writes one!--Amazon.com

I loved it! Read it all in one day. Such a delightful story!--N.W.

Looking forward to A Sojourn Through Time--D.B.

Wow! What an exciting read.--P.S.

SOJOURN THROUGH TIME sounds fantastic. Congratulations on the great review. I can't wait until it comes out. Have a relaxing summer.--O.L.

Good writing and the book--Wow!--T.R.

I really like SOJOURN THROUGH TIME--P.A.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time-travel Regency also achieved bestseller status on the Fictionwise.com list! And, this book is part of the prestigious Elegant Regencies line.


Real life trivia: I’ve always had an interest in art, and graduated from New York’s School of Music and Art. Alexandra Stanford, who is an art broker, also has a passion for art... and history, as I do. When she visits the British Museum (in 1802 located in Montagu House, home of the first Duke of Montagu), I also get to experience the wonders of the museum. The following scene is with Alex and Malcolm, the Duke of Milcaster, where Alex views the famous Rosetta Stone.

Wrangling male voices broke through Alex’s concentration, disturbing the quiet atmosphere. In the corridor a short distance from her, a group of well-to-do men gestured wildly at each other while French and English words volleyed back and forth as in a championship game of tennis. Always curious, she unobtrusively slipped nearer to find out what the fuss was about. Craning her neck, she spotted the black rock on display. Her mouth couldn’t help dropping.

"Oh my," she gasped. "It’s the--"

"Catching flies, Alex?" Malcolm suddenly appeared by her shoulder.

Two surprises at once! She patted at her heart to keep it from escaping. "Ah, hi, Malcolm, where on earth did you come from?"

"A rather technical question, my dear." As he straightened the lace on her collar, he smiled. "I believe the fourth Duke and Duchess of Milcaster were responsible for my entrance into this world."

Alex flushed. "No, silly!" She turned back toward the stone. "Do you know what this is?"

He rubbed his chin. "An oddly shaped slab of basalt rock?"

What a character! "The Rosetta Stone; the Rosetta Stone! These men say it’s newly arrived at the museum. Did you know it’s inscribed in three scripts--Greek, Demotic, and Egyptian hieroglyphs? Once this is deciphered, it’ll provide a key to understanding hieroglyphs."

"And this is good news to me?"

She made a face at him. "Honestly, Malcolm, this is big, really big. Imagine. I just overheard these men saying the stone was confiscated by the British from the French, after they surrendered in Egypt last year. So that would make the year...um..."

He firmly gripped her upper arm and led her away from the stone. "’01, to be exact. I find it peculiar how the year eludes you. I am, to be sure, elated at this news. However, my aunt and my daughter grow restive peering at moldy paintings, Aunt Olivia’s word, not mine."

Alex quietly enjoyed the touch of his hand around her arm. Delicious daydreams teased her as she wondered what it would feel like if he allowed his hand to wander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy Alex and Malcolm’s story.

Happy reading,

Susanne Marie Knight
Read outside the box: award-winning Romance Writing With A Twist!