Monday, April 27, 2020

The Re-Buzz On TAINTED TEA FOR TWO--re-release!


A Gottawrite.com, Award Winner Favorite!

My classic murder mystery romance, TAINTED TEA FOR TWO has now been re-released!
Tainted Tea For Two is my homage to Agatha Christie and the English murder mystery genre. So, to get started on this insider buzz on my novel, why don’t you prepare a hot cup of delicious tea--not tainted, of course--and I’ll begin!
One of the genres that I always wanted to write was an English murder mystery, a la Ms. Christie. Before I start a project, I like to come up with a working title. Many of the mysteries I’ve read had menacingly playful titles, so TAINTED TEA FOR TWO just popped into my head. Naturally, this meant poison had to play a role in the novel! And not just poison... but injections, and, oddly enough, potatoes!
For my “What if” scenario, I proposed: what if having a nice spot of tea took on a sinister meaning? Hard Shell Word Factory loved the idea, and soon published TAINTED TEA FOR TWO, both electronically and in print.

Cover for 2001 edition
After a few years, TAINTED TEA FOR TWO was picked up by Uncial Press. Its new cover won an Ariana Award for Best Contemporary /Suspense /Mystery /Historical Romance. 



Cover for 2001 edition

After a few years, TAINTED TEA FOR TWO was picked up by Uncial Press. Its new cover won an Ariana Award for Best Contemporary /Suspense /Mystery /Historical Romance. 

Here is the popular book video for the Unical Press version: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdohSneG7I0 Music is by Kevin MacLeod, Scheming Weasel Faster.

I recently decided to have the rights returned to me for all my Uncial Press books--a total of five novels and three short stories. TAINTED TEA FOR TWO is the seventh to be re-released. It’s now available on at Amazon.com and Smashwords.com!
Here’s the new cover:

Someone wants Lord Embrey dead. Will the method of execution be by poison, or injection, or... potato??

This book is part of the Intriguing Mysteries line.

Here are some fabulous reviews:

5 HEARTS! TAINTED TEA FOR TWO is a delightfully creative romance that centers on a mystery that will keep the reader guessing until the very end. A colorful cast of characters go about each with their own reasons for wanting the viscount out of the way. Marty wishes she had never taken the job. The stress of being a suspect has her in tears. If that isn't bad enough, the men all want to get her in their beds and she ends up spending a lot of time fending off their advances. That is, all except for Gregory; him she does not fight... The settings are described in clear detail...TAINTED TEA FOR TWO by Susanne Marie Knight is a fast paced romantic mystery that is sure to be enjoyed by the readers.--The Romance Studio

Ms. Knight throws an independent American into the midst of a stuffy English family providing readers with a bit of humor in the middle of this riveting suspense. The characterizations add to the charm and character of TAINTED TEA FOR TWO. While clearly a contemporary suspense, there are moments when readers will feel a slightly historical feel through the “stiff upper lip” attitudes of the British aristocrats. Susanne Marie Knight uses unique plot points, while trying a few tried and true ones as well. This provides readers with a comfortable feel while trying to figure out “whodunit”. I was stumped until almost the end, a rare occurrence for this avid mystery buff. I give TAINTED TEA FOR TWO a solid “two thumbs up.--Word On Romance

This is a tale with plenty of suspense, intrigue and mystery mixed with the possibility of romance. Join Marty as she walks the halls of the  manor and finally walks into a murder. The intention by the killer is to make her the suspect, but will it succeed? A well written tale by talented author Susanne Marie Knight that will please the mystery fan or the romantic suspense fan. Is there something more to the viscount's illness? Why does he keep having recurring bouts? Will they discover what is happening in time? Recommended for a fun read to learn who the killer is and why he plotted such a complex crime. Is it about money or a title or revenge of some sort? Enjoy following Marty and the rest of the well drawn cast along the twisting paths of suspense and suspicion. I did.--Mysteryfiction.net

Ms. Knight has written a wonderful story. One full of mystery, romance, and even comedy. I couldn’t put it down, and read TAINTED TEA FOR TWO in one setting. Her description of the scenery brought back many wonderful memories of my trip to England. She even captured the musty smell of big manors, and the small shops in the village. TAINTED TEA FOR TWO is a delightful “who done it”, that I truthfully enjoyed very, very much. I recommend that everyone read this wonderful book. Ms. Knight has captured the true feelings of England, in a wonderful tale of love, and mystery. You will be absolutely delighted with your choice.--All About Murder Reviews

The charming English countryside, stately manner, and regional dialect embellish this murder romance into a cozy night’s read.--Affaire de Coeur

TAINTED TEA FOR TWO offers gentle humor as the family’s stuffy British attitudes and Marty’s easy going nature clash. This riveting and hard to solve mystery races to the conclusion.--Romance Reader’s Connection

FIVE STARS for TAINTED TEA FOR TWO: Excellent! I truly enjoyed this story. I had a small idea who did it half way through but was not completely sure until the end. I would recommend to those who enjoy a light hearted murder mystery romance.--Amazon.com.

Amazon's Listmania: for TAINTED TEA FOR TWO--recommended cozy mystery!--Reader Comment

TAINTED TEA FOR TWO is so good!-- Reader Comment

Love your Brit-lit: Regency, Time-Travel & Contemporary (Tainted Tea). All are terrific!-- Reader Comment

I love TAINTED TEA FOR TWO!-- Reader Comment


I couldn't figure out who the intruder was. What a surprise!-- Reader Comment

Very English, very funny, with interesting character interplay. Kept me laughing and guessing, laughing and guessing...-- Reader Comment

I read TAINTED TWO FOR TWO with a good deal of pleasure. It's a neat idea, and I liked the characters. This is a very clever concept. Your opening is great! One couldn't help to read the book on that basis and basis alone. Cheers to you!-- Reader Comment

I kept guessing all the way to the end and I thought someone else was the murderer. Wonderful!!-- Reader Comment

I loved TAINTED TEA! What a wonderful homage to Agatha Christie!-- Reader Comment

Now that TAINTED TEA is in paperback, I'm ordering another copy!-- Reader Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always, there are small snippets from my life embedded into this novel. The heroine, Ms. Marty Jackson, is a personal fitness trainer. Her name is Marty because her father--a former Mr. Universe--wanted a son to carry on his name. Although I’m not a trainer, I do have a fitness background, having worked for thirteen years for an exercise program shown on public television.
Marty also has a cherished possession similar to one that I have... or had, given to me by my daughter.

Marty took out her most prized possession: a paperweight in the shape of a giant, clear crystal. She held it upside down, and the colorful pearls suspended inside gently floated to the bottom. A kid's toy, of course, but she never went anywhere without it. It was the last thing her father had given her.
She gave it a place of honor on the nightstand...

This isn’t an actual picture of the paperweight, but it’s close enough. As with Marty’s diamond, mine also fell to its doom.

"No!" Marty raced to the window and watched her beloved remembrance of her father shatter into a zillion pieces. Part of her shattered with it.

For a classic English murder mystery, I recommend TAINTED TEA FOR TWO. I hope you enjoy Marty and Gregory’s story.

Happy reading,

Susanne Marie Knight
Read outside the box: award-winning Romance Writing With A Twist!