Monday, February 27, 2017

The Buzz on JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON

Simegen.com’s WELL WORTH READING AWARD

Re-Released!!!

My popular science fiction romance, JANUS IS A TWO-FACED GOD, is a sequel of sorts to the awarding-winning JANUS IS A TWO-HEADED GOD. What I mean by “of sorts” is that Janus Moon takes place six years after Janus God. A minor character in the first book, Christopher Bainbridge, is the hero in the second book. The heroine is new to the story. The protagonists of Janus God, JorVal 5 Lanquist and his love, Sophia McClaren, appear in the second book and do play an important role.

If you’d like to read the Buzz on JANUS IS A TWO-HEADED GOD, just click on this link.

As with many stand-alone novels, readers love the characters and the locale. Although I’d never intended to do a sequel, I received many requests for another JANUS book. After a few years had passed, I felt the urge to reconnect with the JANUS worlds that I created. JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON is the result.



In the year 2458 AD, the solar system is in danger. Will Blade Sinclair be Earth's savior or will she cause Earth's destruction?


BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. In the year 2458, injured ballerina Blade Sinclair agrees to participate in the Galactic Olympic Games. Unfortunately, she’s on the wrong team; an alien team. If Blade doesn’t win a gold medal, her family will die. If Blade does win, the Sarthox will destroy Earth. What’s a girl to do??

LOVE HURTS. Security chief Christopher Bainbridge has had his share of traitorous females. At the Lunar Olympic Games, he finds himself mixed up with another one. But Blade doesn’t seem like a typical traitor, and against his own inclinations, he falls in love with her. How can he help her escape from the Sarthox and save the solar system at the same time?

As I previously wrote in the Buzz on JANUS IS A TWO-HEADED GOD, world-building in science fiction stories can be very difficult. You might think that because this book is a sequel, the locations would be already created and that continuing the story would be simple. Nope, not so! Instead of being at the center of the galaxy, this novel is based in our solar system, mostly on our moon. Carving out an underground lunar city is not as easy as it sounds. Phew!


Previous Ebook Cover and Print Cover

JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON was published by Awe-Struck Books (Mundania Press) and had with them for many years. I recently decided to have the rights returned to me for all my Awe-Struck books--a total of twelve. JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON is the ninth to be re-released. It’s now available on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com!


Her family or her world? Who dies is up to Blade Sinclair, but how can she possibly choose?


*Limited* copies of the 2007 print book are available at www.susanneknight.com/orders.htm

JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON has earned terrific reviews including Simegen.com’s WELL WORTH READING AWARD, 4.5 books from Long and Short Reviews, and has been on the best-seller’s list at Fictionwise.com.

You can view JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON’s book trailer here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i86CgD6o3eI Music is by Kevin MacLeod.

This book is part of the Fascinating Sci-Fi line.



For those of you who like to read reviews, here they come!

4 ½ Stars! I originally decided to read this book as it dealt with subject matter that is near and dear to my heart – dancing – although after many previous disappointing experiences with this same subject matter I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had found being someone knowledgeable of dancing terminology and techniques made me a bit more critical of many author’s descriptions. I was NOT disappointed with this book, in more ways than one. I must say that Susanne Marie Knight is definitely an author to watch. I greatly enjoyed this book and found it to be a page-turner that kept me on the edge of my seat until the last page. The dancing aside, I found the tale of intrigue and suspense situated in a distant future, grabbed me and held on. The love story was great, and I loved that Chris and Blade had a hard time staying away from each other, even when they both felt it would be best. I got a definite kick out of Blade’s “ah-ha” moment when she is finally able to find a way to win the day, and the eventual way she is able to do so. We get our “Yay!” moment in the end, and that’s a definite must-have for me when it comes to a love story. All in all, a very satisfying ending. So, I would definitely recommend this book if you are looking for a love story with a bit of intrigue and suspense thrown in to keep it interesting. It was a fun read, and I enjoyed it right up to the end.-- Long and Short Reviews

Well-Worth Reading Award!--Simegen.com

The romance in JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON is an interesting, fun story. The love that grows between Blade and Chris is fraught with peril. You can empathize with the characters and their dilemmas, even the non-human ones. The aliens are unique and believable. It was interesting to read about the moon city, Tychotown, and the expectations for a new Olympic Games... if you love futuristic romances for their out-of-this-world love stories, you will enjoy this book. JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON is a sequel to JANUS IS A TWO-HEADED GOD, and while a few of the characters carry over from the previous book, it need not have been read to enjoy JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON.--Romance Reviews Today

Ms. Knight has developed a very imaginative and creative science fiction romance. It is exciting to watch Chris and Blade being forced to play a game of cat and mouse as they try to keep their sexual desire a secret. The use of many different beings and their cultures adds depth to the storyline. Science fiction lovers will be glad to read this book.--Coffee Time Romance

Your JANUS series is wonderful! I love both books and am anxious for number 3!!--D.T.

I just love JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON! It's a perfect story for your JANUS series. Thank you! I want to read this book over and over again!--S.G.

Fantastic! I loved reading about ballet dancers in the future and, omigosh, was wowed about air ballet. That is so cool! Blade and Christopher are the best! :-) --S.C.

Thank you for this book. I'm so happy to read this one!--A.A.

Wow! So interesting and exciting!--V.P.

Mega congrats, Susanne. May this book be as successful as JANUS IS A TWO-HEADED GOD!--S.D.

I enjoyed this story! Couldn't put it down!--D.C.

Wonderful review. How exciting! The book sounds great. :) --T.D.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s a snippet from real life. As a child, I always wanted to take ballet lessons, but I guess that just wasn’t in the cards. Then again, I’m not the most coordinated of dancers! When I conceived the idea of a ballerina competing in the Galactic Olympic Games in the fictional sport of air ballet, I knew I had to understand the dynamics of classical ballet movements. So what did I do? I bought three DVDs to help me: Ballet Class For Beginners; the New York City Ballet Workout 2; and Balletone--The Dancer’s Workout For EveryBODY!

According to Long And Short Reviews, my descriptions in the book passed with flying colors! Here’s part of the 4.5 star review:

“I originally decided to read this book as it dealt with subject matter that is near and dear to my heart -- dancing -- although after many previous disappointing experiences with this same subject matter I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had found being someone knowledgeable of dancing terminology and techniques made me a bit more critical of many author’s descriptions. I was NOT disappointed with this book, in more ways than one.”

Scene Setup: This is from the beginning of JANUS IS A TWO-FACED MOON where we met Blade Sinclair, a former prima ballerina now forced to teach because of a knee injury.

Blade was brand new as the children’s teacher, barely a month under her belt. All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, and they, in turn idolized her as only four or five-year-olds could. Leading her students in a basic bending movement, or demi-plié, Blade fought to control the flare of pain in her right knee... and the memories it always dredged up. Once upon a time she had danced the part of Aurora, in French choreographer Marius Petipa’s timeless ballet, “The Sleeping Beauty.” It was a role that every ballerina aspired to, a role that arguably could be considered the pinnacle of a classical ballerina’s career.

The role of Aurora could be hers no longer. An incorrect landing from a leap across a Moscow stage had torn a ligament in her knee.

To Blade’s credit, she had fallen gracefully and her partner reacted quickly by picking her up. She even managed to continue dancing until the end of the performance. But by then the pain was excruciating. No amount of ice water or physical therapy helped. In the end, she had to have surgery, and therefore was sidelined from the rest of “The Sleeping Beauty” production. The damage had been far-reaching--to her reputation and to her knee.

Blade automatically checked her posture in the mirror and smoothed a stray hair back into her dark, tight bun. Her career as prima ballerina was over. She was washed up at age twenty-five.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy Blade and Christopher’s story!

Happy reading,

Susanne Marie Knight
Read outside the box: award-winning Romance Writing With A Twist!