Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blogging For You Gotta Read Reviews

On April 6, I blogged with You Gotta Read Reviews. Reader comments were very positive so I thought I'd repost the blog here for your enjoyment!

Here goes!

A big hello and thank you to Tami and You Gotta Read aficionados! I’m Susanne Marie Knight, and I’m your blog hostess for today, April 6. First, a bit about me: 2009 is my tenth year anniversary of being published. My motto is Romance Writing with a Twist, and to date I have 22 books published/under contract, with 2 more in the publishing queue.

Since I write in quite a few different genres, I thought I’d talk about my latest books in some of those genres along with what’s coming up.

My latest Regency published is Paging Miss Galloway, winner of the Awe-Struck Regency Award. A lady disguised as a man is a popular Regency theme with readers, so I thought I’d try my hand at it. I really enjoyed the challenges of making Danny/Danielle act as Lord Trelaine’s page!

Here’s the blurb:

More than she bargained for
Danielle Galloway is determined to visit her convalescing brother. She won’t let her father’s lack of permission stand in her way. Disguising herself as Danny, a servant boy, she takes to the road to begin her grand adventure...only to have her money stolen and her face battered by street ruffians. Now how will she get to the resort town of Bath?

More than he bargained for
The Earl of Trelaine rescues a down-on-his-luck young lad. Against his better judgment, he takes Danny on as his page as he journeys to Bath. But this boy harbors a shocking secret. What’s the earl going to do when he discovers his latest act of kindness might hurl him into the parson’s mousetrap?

If you’d like to see a video trailer for this book, here’s the link:
http://blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=81

This title is published by Awe-Struck Publishing: www.awe-struck.net.

My latest paranormal romantic suspense published is The Wakefield Disturbance, whose video book trailer received a “Spine-tingling” recommendation from The Savvy Click.com.


Blurb:

A GIFT... OR A CURSE?
Lara Wakefield receives messages from the dead. Her latest “client” is a murdered young girl who wants to be put to rest. The girl’s killer, however, objects. Can Lara find the girl’s body without becoming the next victim?

MONEY OR LOVE?
Private investigator Stuart Manning wants nothing to do with supernatural phenomena. A retainer of $50,000 overcomes his reluctance. Lara’s innate ability, integrity, and beauty cause him to have second thoughts about psychics, while deadly occurrences cause him to believe the little girl’s murderer is still hanging around. How can Stuart protect Lara when the killer is always one step ahead?

Here’s a photo of a llama that was the inspiration for an important character in The Wakefield Disturbance. Resting on the grass can be very relaxing... or can serve another purpose! To find out more, read The Wakefield Disturbance!


Link for video trailer: http://blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=87

This title is published by Uncial Press: www.uncialpress.com.

My latest science fiction romance published is Janus Is A Two-Faced Moon, the second book in the Janus series. The first book is the award-winning Janus Is A Two-Headed God.

Blurb:

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE.

In the year 2458, injured ballerina Blade Sinclair agrees to participate in the Galactic Olympic Games. Unfortunately, she’s on the wrong team; an alien team. If Blade doesn’t win a gold medal, her family will die. If Blade does win, the Sarthox will destroy Earth. What’s a girl to do??

LOVE HURTS.

Security chief Christopher Bainbridge has had his share of traitorous females. At the Lunar Olympic Games, he finds himself mixed up with another one. But Blade doesn’t seem like a typical traitor, and against his own inclinations, he falls in love with her. How can he help her escape from the Sarthox and save the solar system at the same time?

If you ever happen to go to the Moon (!), here’s a greeting image you can send back to the folks at home:

Link for video trailer: http://blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=84

This title is published by Awe-Struck Publishing: www.awe-struck.net.

My next book to be published (7/09) is ForEvver, a science fiction romance. Here is the blurb: In the year 2102, the Fountain of Youth exists for only a select few. But you can’t cheat death ForEvver.

One of the locations mentioned in ForEvver is Maui, a beautiful island I had the great good fortune in visiting. Here I am, dwarfed by the famous Iao Needle at Iao Valley State Park:

This title will be published by Awe-Struck Publishing: http://www.awe-struck.net/ in July 2009.

Currently, I’m working on a murder mystery series about a fitness instructor, Minx Tobin, who has a talent for sleuthing. I’ve finished two of the books so far, and am planning to write two more this year.

Here’s a picture of me conferring with the legendary detective, Sherlock Holmes on Minx Tobin’s latest case!

Stay tuned for more developments with the Minx Tobin Mystery Series!

I hope you enjoyed today’s blog. Please be sure to visit my website at http://www.susanneknight.com/ for all the latest Romance Writing with a Twist news!

Susanne

Susanne Marie Knight
http://www.blogger.com/
http://www.blogger.com/
Read outside the box: award-winning Romance Writing With A Twist!

No comments: